Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. These 3 things have been on the mind of America for 250 years. In terms of emotional intelligence: Well Being – The overarching decisive factor of Emotional Intelligence.
Most people refer to this as happiness. I prefer the contentment or joy. Those who pursue happiness never find it but those who pursue purpose, meaning and true community are more likely to find contentment and joy.
Your Life Stage
This pursuit gets to the nature of spirituality. How about you? What are you chasing? Chances are if you are under the age of 35 your pursuit is to find your place in the world. If you are
- mid-life you are either taking a journey inward to discover the true nature of being or have discovered it and are attempting to have an impact greater than self
- over 35 and haven’t experienced this yet, you will
- in the twilight of your years it is the simple things that bring you joy.”
Sooner or later those who are pursuing a rich full life get to some or all of the following questions:
- How satisfied am I with my life?
- Do I have fun at work? At home? With others?
- Do people genuinely enjoy my company?
- How do you I feel about myself??
- How optimistic am I about life?
- Do I have people I can share the good and the bad times in life?
- Who can I be vulnerable about my difficulties?
- Is life a journey that I value?
- Is My life enriched with learning?
- Are there things in my life that motivate me to be a better person?
How could you improve your relationships with others by becoming more self aware? Do you want to look back on your life in 5, 10 or 20 years and wish you had better relationships with the people closest to you? Do you have a project or idea that could help other people? Why not start this process today?
About the author: Creed is an accomplished leader and Professional Certified Coach motivated by a passionate drive to help individuals and organizations reclaim their clarity for personal achievement and organizational effectiveness.